Minimizing Our Impact on the Environment
At Asbury Automotive Group, we are working to minimize our impact on the environment and finding ways to conserve energy and the natural resources we consume. Our transition to more eco-friendly facilities and work practices has been an ongoing process with substantial results in a short time.
Product Recycling and Waste Reduction
Our stores and dealerships recycle and reuse materials wherever possible to avoid unnecessary waste. In 2020, our goal of reducing our carbon footprint as much as possible resulted in:
- All motor oil recycled
- More than 2,900 tons of cardboard, glass and plastic recycled
- 260,000 tires recycled for their fuel values and shredded for use in construction materials
Water is a vital resource, and Asbury strives to reuse as much water as possible. Through conscientious conservation efforts, we have:
- Reclaimed water used in our car washes
- Installed flush valves with lower gallons per flush into renovated or newly built facilities
- Installed motion-activated faucets that reduce water usage into renovated or newly built facilities
We understand the effort and energy it takes to operate our business, and Asbury takes a number of measures to ensure we are conserving energy whenever possible. As a company, we have made the following significant energy-saving upgrades:
- The use of Occupancy and Vacancy sensors throughout buildings whether required by code or not.
- "Smart Breakers" for lighting which can be turned off during periods when the facility is closed.
- Asbury has invested in retrofitting our facilities with LED lighting. To date, 88% of all building exteriors have been retrofitted with LED lighting and nearly half of our facilities interiors have been retrofitted with LED lighting. The goal is to have 100% of our buildings, inside and out, utilizing energy-saving LED lighting.
- Asbury participates in the American Honda Environmental Leadership Elite Certification program and, to date, 11 of Asbury Honda and Acura dealership facilities have attained Platinum, Gold or Silver level certification.