Minimizing Our Impact on the Environment
At Asbury Automotive Group, we are working to minimize our impact on the environment and finding ways to conserve energy and the natural resources we consume. Our transition to more ecofriendly facilities and work practices has been an ongoing process with substantial results in a short time.
Tons of Cardboard Recycled
Gallons of Water Saved
Product Recycling and Waste Reduction
Our stores and dealerships recycle and reuse materials wherever possible to avoid unnecessary waste. Last year, our goal of reducing our carbon footprint as much as possible has resulted in:
- Recycled all motor oil
- 2,600 tons of cardboard recycled
- 262,000 tires recycled for their fuel values and shredded for use in construction materials
Water is a vital resource, and Asbury strives to reuse as much water as possible. Through conscientious conservation efforts we have:
- Reclaimed 70% of our water used in our car washes
- Across all of our car washes, Asbury has cut water usage by 100 million gallons each year
- Installed flush vales with lower gallons per flush into renovated or newly built facilities
- Installed motion-activated faucets that reduce water usage into renovated or newly built facilities
We understand the effort and energy it takes to operate our business, and Asbury takes a number of measures to ensure we are conserving energy whenever possible. As a company, we have made the following significant energy-saving upgrades resulting in a 17.6% reduction of energy use over the past three years:
- The use of Occupancy and Vacancy sensors throughout buildings whether required by code or not.
- "Smart Breakers" which can turned off during periods when the facility is close
- Asbury has invested in retrofitting all of our facilities (exterior and interior) with LED lighting. By the end of 2019, all exterior lighting will be retrofitted with LED and 50% of our buildings will be retrofitted with interior LED lighting.
- Asbury participates in the American Honda Environmental Leadership Elite Certification program and to date, three Asbury Honda dealership facilities have attained Platinum or Silver level certification.